When life hands you lemons, make meat pie...

...or your snack of choice. I love meat pie. It's a tasty Nigerian snack or dessert (your preference).

But seriously, I was planning to go on a trip in May. Saved up money too. But then a financial necessity came up in January and the money was used for something I hadn't planned for. Sad Face :((. I had to use up a fair chunk of my savings and it was a bit of a nuisance too because what I used my money for wasn't even me. :(. O_o.

But....

Despite the financial snafu, I am still traveling in May as planned. I went on a stricter budget than usual since January and it helped my finances. I bought my tickets in March and have enough left over to travel with. It is true that Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Using up my hard-earned saved money for something unexpected made me worked harder to fulfill my traveling plans through a series of stringent monthly savings. :).

In other news, my work has been very busy. There are several changes coming up (all at once) that I am preparing myself for. Life is never stagnant and neither should I. Some of the changes are for better and positive gains, while others are not so beneficial. But I am looking forward to the changes, building new interpersonal rapport and readying myself for an exciting new phase of my training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porto Novo, Republic of Benin

Magodo Estate in Nigeria (Nigeria Houses)

My last trip of the year 2013!