I Wake to Sleep and Take my Waking Slow

I wake to sleep and take my waking slow. Theodore Roethke's first line of "The Waking" took a whole different meaning for me this month. January has been a very weird one for me. I have been lethargic and lukewarm regarding pretty much everything outside my lab. Maybe because my experiments are finally working and I didn't want to jinx it by doing anything else. Maybe it's the dreary and gray weather. The clouds have barely left the sky this month. No sun peeking through clouds, no bright white clouds beneath blue skies. No. Just a depressing grayness that hangs heavily from the sky. A wintry frosty cold that lingers all day and the dull bleak evening. How can you see sun set when you never saw it rise?

I slept, I woke up, I went to lab and the process repeats itself the next day.




Even the poor ducks in frozen water along the Eel pond aren't too pleased.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porto Novo, Republic of Benin

The Beginning of Something New: Niagara Falls in Buffalo, New York.

Magodo Estate in Nigeria (Nigeria Houses)