Space Center Houston

To infinity and beyond!


I found myself in San Antonio, Texas several months ago for a conference, and afterwards I decided to take the 4hrs bus ride to Houston to visit my dear brother.


It was fun! We don't see other often so it was a wonderful opportunity to catch up and visit places he enjoy.


One of the places we went to was the Space Center Houston.


P1050242


We took pictures of ourselves in front of old space shuttles, I believe this particular one is called Explorer.


P1050246


Then, we took a ride that tours the different facilities within the grounds, including the one housing Saturn V,  and the Mission Control room (the old one).


P10502551


P1050257


P1050263


P1050270


P1050275


P1050274



After the tour, my brother and I went down to the plaza for lunch and goofed around afterwards.


(By the way, if you are going to put on a space helmet (like I did below), sanitize the inside first, everyones face goes inside that thing.)




P1050283

P1050245



Despite the blazing heat in the middle of March, it was fun, and educational. Not a lot of things are.


To infinity and beyond!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porto Novo, Republic of Benin

My last trip of the year 2013!

Magodo Estate in Nigeria (Nigeria Houses)