Highlights from my trip to Mexico (In Pictures...mostly)

I enjoyed my time in Mexico and I'm glad I got to remember what endeared me to each place I visited while I was there. There is distinction and singularity in each of these places, emphasizing the diversity of peoples, cultures and even geography.

Tulum: 
An old, mysterious wonder 
upon whose face the ocean 
splashes its kisses




Isla Mujeres:
Cabanas on white sands
gentle breeze whistles
whilst caressing tall palm trees




Cancun:
Hot, windy, crowdy
sophisticated and expensive
zona hotelera




Chichen Itza:
Old, majestic reverence
say a prayer here?
you just might
Brick by brick, a culture lives on





Merida:
Romantic midnight
Here lives a delight that rushes
through the wind
and into your heart
To you, Merida, I stay partial






Uxmal:
Flirty, fun and friendly
A village once stood here
And here it remains...without its people






Campeche:
A world of people
A hallowed heritage
A world of colors
Red, green, yellow and blue



A time well spent, in a place well deserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porto Novo, Republic of Benin

My last trip of the year 2013!

Magodo Estate in Nigeria (Nigeria Houses)