A Ride on the CalTrain from San Jose to San Francisco

*So, it turns out I am going to do this backwards. That is, start from the end of my trip to California and end at the beginning. I might throw a dash of other activities in between as well. Let's see how crazy my creativity gets. Should be interesting.*

While on the CalTrain going from San Jose to San Francisco, I wrote "what I saw" at each train stop.  I wanted to see and (try to) walk on the Golden Gate Bridge. So on my last day in California, because my plane doesn't leave till late at night, I decided to go spend a few hours in San Francisco.



On getting on the train, I realize my camera was deep inside my bag, and I wanted to write as well, so I tripled up my iPod Touch as a camera, a nifty notebook and music player. The pictures look grimy, but I like how they describe (as is) the different stops along the ride to San Francisco.



Gritty graffitti in Lawrence. A reminder of South Bronx. Clothes hanging in the backyard. Blazing sun in the dusty afternoon.


 Quiet recluse in  Palo Alto. A reminder that Silicon Valley extends into Palo Alto in the form of Facebook, HP and others. A rich merging of academia, technology and business. Oh look, there goes Mountain View in the distance.





 Mountains reared their heads in San Carlos. A taste of what's to come. Pretty buildings, concrete pavements. The warmth of the sun seeped in through the train windows.




Houses on Hills in Belmont. A wealthy name like Belmont should reside on a Hill like a lonely magnate. Walls? Fences? Haven't you heard of Robert Frost and Mending Walls? "Something there is that doesn't love a wall."



 South San Francisco: brown expanded hills, power lines and colored houses. South San Francisco looks like a painting. The train riding alongside hills, humming in a low rumble, nature acting as a backdrop before veering downward into a tunnel.



 Bay Shore with white houses nested in a brown hill crowned with spiky power lines and blue skies like a hovering mother.



Trying to write what I saw was an awesome activity and before I knew it, I was in downtown San Francisco. When I got off the train, this #30 MUNI bus took me from the Caltrain depot, right into the heart of China Town, past the raggedy road of Lombard street (not the "crookedest street" section), Fishermans Wharf, then I changed on to the #28 MUNI bus which goes through Presidio and made its last stop a few distance off the Golden Gate bridge.

The Golden Gate is an experience of its own, which I will go into in another post. ; ). But because I'm such a tease....Enjoy this little snippet....



The ride to San Francisco was definitely engaging and inspiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porto Novo, Republic of Benin

My last trip of the year 2013!

Magodo Estate in Nigeria (Nigeria Houses)